As of yesterday, 26 Bent Tree home sales have hit the books as closed in 2019, for total sales of $6,108,051. At least 13 more sales are contingent or pending.
Call the Golf Pro Shop (770-893-2626) by noon today to sign up for the Friday Couples Scramble. The cost for the 9 Hole Scramble is $5 per player (in addition to any applicable greens fees and/or cart fees). This Bent Tree tradition is just plain good fun for all golfers, from scratch players to high handicappers. The more, the merrier!
An article about a nonvenomous milk snake in this week’s Pickens Progress caught my eye. According to the article, the first official documentation of a milk snake in the county occurred earlier this month .
Over the years, in Bent Tree, I’ve taken several photos of what I thought were milk snakes and even posted a photo earlier this week. So, I emailed some of my photos (shown below) to the DNR Wildlife Biologist quoted in the article to find out whether or not they were milk snakes. The Wildlife Biologist was very helpful, and answered my email within minutes. He confirmed that my photos were indeed of milk snakes, and said that, after the info for the article was sent to the newspaper, he found out about many other observations of milk snakes in the county that had never been documented, and “…it seems that Pickens County is a hotspot for milk snakes.”
Long story short…our milk snakes will no longer be undocumented.
When I was looking through the photos, it struck me that milk snakes must be on the move a lot in mid-May…three out of four of the photos below were taken in May (but in different years).
- Bent Tree Community Properties, Inc. (aka Bent Tree Realty) had their first home sale/closing of the year on May 10th. By my calculations, BTCPI will get $742.50 in proceeds from this transaction.
- Click here for a related post from late last year. The numbers given in that post turned out to be right on the money. In 2018, BT Realty was involved in two home sales that resulted in BTCPI gross sales income for the year of $1536.75 (from sales commission of $1179 for home #1 + $357.75 sales commission for home #2).
This nonvenomous Eastern Milk Snake was playing possum on the cart path beyond the green on Hole 6, yesterday. Once it started moving, it slithered off into the grass and disappeared.
The topics for discussion are:
- Change the June 18th Work Session from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Appointing ad hoc committee to research ADA compliance *
- Date change for the November Work Session and Board Meeting
- Golf Course Dress Code
- Sunday Noise Restriction
* Note – Click here for a previous post about private clubs and ADA. Bonafide private clubs do not have to comply with the obligations of Title III (ADA).
Click here to link to the listing information for 124 Rainbow Court in Bent Tree. The 3 bed, 3 bath lakefront home hit the market last week with an asking price of $278,000.
UPDATE – After Round 3, Luke is tied for second (seven shots back from leader Koepka)…fingers still crossed for Sunday’s final round.
Luke List is high up on the PGA Championship Leaderboard after Round 2.
Click here for a post from a few years ago that includes a 1996 Echo article.