Click here to link to a FaceBook post (FaceBook login required) for more information on a Bent Tree home that is currently offered “For Sale By Owner”. The asking price for the 3 bedroom, 2 bath cabin is $149,000.
Click image to zoom:
A belted kingfisher was hanging out at the spillway area, yesterday afternoon. I was able to get an okay picture, but not as good as some in the past. Click here to link to a post from 2014 that has a better picture.
The following article appeared in the Bent Tree Echo newsletter 15 years ago (April 2003), and is chock-full of good information. The last sentence speaks volumes: “We live in the woods and being respectful of our wildlife will encourage a peaceful coexistence.” The writer went on to become an award-winning author of a unique Civil War book, and will be the guest speaker at this Sunday’s Friends of the Pickens Library program (May 20, 3:00 p.m. at the Pickens Library). Click here for more information.
371 Thunder Ridge in Bent Tree recently sold for $500,000. The home has amazing views. Click here to link to a previous post for more information.
Bent Tree’s original bocce court, which was washed out by the heavy rain back in February, has new life as a horseshoes court.
279 Bella Vista Trail in Bent Tree just hit the market with an asking price of $189,900. Click here to link to the listing information for the home which includes 5 bedrooms, 3½ baths, and 2 kitchens. Click the listing photo below to link to a virtual tour.
There are 11 items under the Topics for Discussion for Tuesday’s Board Work Session (Tuesday, May 15, 2018 @ 9:00 a.m. in the Club Tamarack Rec Room). One item that might be of particular interest to many property owners is under “Spillway Rules & Regulations”.
- GOLF COURSE WALKERS – no change to the rule necessary
- LOW SPEED UTILITY VEHICLE (LSUV)/GOLF CART/MOTORIZED VEHICLE OPERATIONS
- PERFORMANCE BOND REQUIRED FOR BUILDING – TO REPLACE CURRENT $25,000 ESCROW
- SPILLWAY RULES & REGULATIONS
- POTENTIAL MOTION – Install a gate to the entrance of the spillway area and allow access only during established times. Dogs are allowed off the leash at the Dog Park ONLY. Option of using the Stable side of the spillway for Dogs off leash but must be fenced in to protect walkers. Establish comprehensive set of rules for the spillway area.
- BENT TREE COMMUNITY PROPERTIES POSSIBLE IMPACT ON ADA
- MOTION TO REMOVE ENTIRELY SECTION 8 OF ITEM V (VETTED BUILDERS) BE SUBMITTED TO PROPERTY OWNERS FOR A VOTE
- STABLE AND QUARRY PARK UPDATE
- EMERGENCY NOTIFICATIONS TO RESIDENTS
- ADDITIONAL MICROPHONES AND MIC STAND FOR BOARD MEETING
- WEBSITE UPDATES
- ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE MEMBERS APPROVAL (chairpersons for Bridge, Line Dancing, and Pilates)
An executive session will follow the work session (LEGAL – JUDICIAL MEDIATION UPDATE)
If you want to throw your hat in the ring for one of the three Bent Tree Board of Directors positions, serving 2019 through 2021, the relevant deadlines are rapidly approaching. See the article “Did You Miss It?” on Page 23 of the May 2018 Echo newsletter for more information.
The following excerpt, concerning membership, is from the bylaws document (which is available on the new website). If you are not a BTCI member, check with Admin to obtain an application for membership. The form may be on the new website, but I gave up trying to find it.