A friend who lives along Lake Tamarack sent me a email a few days ago to let me know that scaups were flying around and floating on the lake. And, that he called them “oreo ducks”. I had no idea what a scaup was, but I headed for the lake and, sure enough, there was a large group of interesting looking ducks floating out in the lake. “Oreo ducks” does seem like a perfect name for scaups.
They were a good ways from the dam, so these were the best photos I could get. Click here to link to info about these diving ducks.
Through mid-February, at least 12 Bent Tree homes sold. Closing prices ranged from $90,000 to $425,000. As of yesterday, only 48 homes were showing as actively “For Sale”, and 14 more were showing as “Sale Pending”.
This shot was taken in the summer of 2013:
Whenever I get back to Bent Tree, after being out-of-town, I ride around the lake to see the views. The shot below is from late yesterday afternoon. Click here for a photo taken in May. Ever-changing, always beautiful…
Yesterday’s late afternoon sun highlighted the reds and greens along the lake’s edge.
158 Lakeview Trace in Bent Tree is “For Sale By Owner”. The winter sunset views are amazing. See more photos below, including one that shows the phone number to call for more information. Energy efficiency features include:
- Energy efficient premium Pella windows and doors with inside blinds and UV protect throughout.
- Dual Rinnai tankless water heaters using 40% less gas
- Multi fuel energy efficient heat and air
- Dense 6 inch insulation
- Hard wired backup power generation (80%)
- Average annual LP gas consumption 250 gallons (H/AC, hot water, grilling, fire place, power gen).
- Monthly electric bill range $100-195 (H/AC, lighting, fans, TV/Sound/IOT, alarm system)
Click thumbnails to scroll through larger photos: