This Bent Tree fact sheet is from 2011. Other than a few slight changes (i.e. restaurant name change, different email bulletins, additions of bocce and pickleball, transponders instead of barcodes), it is still accurate and is a handy reference.
After not seeing a deer in Bent Tree for several weeks, I was in the right place at the right time to see this pregnant doe, yesterday. According the the Georgia DNR Wildlife Resources Division, “Most [fawns] are born between May and August with a peak in June.”
The weekend weather forecast looks great for golf in Bent Tree.
Here are a couple of cool YouTube drone videos, shot in Bent Tree. I haven’t met the videographer, but the videos are “shareable”. You can find more of his videos (including more of Bent Tree) by clicking on his profile picture (upper left corner of video). When I stumbled across the “Memorial Day 2016″ video a couple of years ago, it inspired me to get a drone, but my own drone photography never really got off the ground (pun intended). Maybe one of these days…
Bent Tree property owners had three payment options for their 2018 fees and assessments:
- Pay the entire amount in full by March 1, 2018.
- 6 month installment method with six equal monthly installments (first payment was due on January 10 and final payment will be due on June 10). There is a $5 per month charge to pay by installments ($30 total for the 6 month plan).
- 12 month installment method with twelve equal monthly installments (first payment was due on January 10 and final payment will be due on December 10). There is a $5 per month charge to pay by installments ($60 total for the 12 month plan).
Needless to say, if you haven’t made a payment yet this year, no matter what option you chose, you are now delinquent.
The Board of Directors raised the Annual General User Fee (AGUF) to $425 for 2018. The AGUF is mandatory for all improved properties and is optional for vacant lot owners. The AGUF affords the following privileges/memberships:
- GOLF – A Single Limited Golf Membership – one member of the household may play rounds of golf after 1:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday and after 3:00 p.m. Sunday (after 1:00 on Sunday until the time changes on March 11) without having to pay a greens fee. Call the Golf Pro Shop for tee times. Upgraded memberships are available for additional fees.
- TENNIS – Unlimited play on outdoor hard courts, for all permanent full-time members of the household*, during normal tennis center business hours. Call the Tennis Center for court reservations. Upgraded memberships are available for additional fees.
- POOLS – A family pool pass for all permanent full-time members of the household*.
- ACCESS THROUGH AUTOMATIC GATES – Two resident bar codes for vehicle access through the automatic gates.
- BOATS – Boats must be registered, but there is no charge for boat decals (there is a fee for boats stored at the boat rack area).
* Eligible household members = Property owner and their spouse/partner, and their children under 21 years of age who reside in the household.
Bent Tree and Big Canoe are both beautiful, unique communities. Many potential buyers look at both and discover which one feels right for them. Big Canoe is more refined and manicured; Bent Tree is more laid-back and rustic.
The following is a brief comparison of some key aspects of both communities (click image below to zoom or click here for pdf). If anyone sees something that needs to be corrected on the comparison, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the information and I will get it updated. Both communities offer much more than what is shown below (i.e. hiking trails, playgrounds, bocce courts, numerous organized clubs and activities).
This advertisement is from 1973 and it’s another one that still rings true today (other than Georgia 400 is no longer “new” and the directional markers are long gone):
Flashback to June 1972…Here’s a Bent Tree advertisement from 45 years ago. It’s ringing true today…Bent Tree is here to stay…